Friday, November 10, 2006

Pandemonium in Piscataway ...

It was completely crazy last night. Rutgers defeats #3 ranked Louisville last night, and it felt like all of New Jersey was hanging out in our backyard. It was truly a perfect evening. I have tons of photos and videos of the amazing Rutgers victory.

Here's my Mastercard breakdown of the evening:
- Buying a Rutgers ticket to the game: $16
- Enough food and drinks for a tailgating party of 16 people: $200
- The opportunity to sell my ticket on eBay: $358
- Denying the opportunity to sell my ticket and opting to seeing one of the most exciting football games ever with 44,111 New Jersey fanatics, rushing the field, losing my voice in the process and remaining in complete shock as we hugged random people in complete euphoria: priceless

Can't really put into words the shock of last night ... Rutgers has come a long way since their 0-11 season my freshman year. Can you say BCS? If the naysayers and football pundits can vote with their heart and not their predetermined tendencies, Rutgers should have a legitimate opportunity to fight for the national championship if we end up winning out the season. You may argue, but after seeing their defense shut down a high-power offense like Louisville in the second half, I'm a firm believer they can hang with anyone in the nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home